Qantum of Cape Cod General Contest Rules
1. All Qantum of Cape Cod radio contests are open to listeners age 18 and older unless otherwise stated. Employees of Qantum Communications, itís affiliated entities, its affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, and employees of other Cape Cod radio stations are ineligible.
2. Contestants that are family members or that have a past or present personal relationship with any Qantum employee are ineligible to participate in any contest. Management reserves the right to render judgment.
3. Listeners are eligible to win Qantum contest prizes as follows: a prize valued at less than $100, listener cannot win again for thirty (30) days, a prize valued between $100 and $499.99, listener cannot win again for six (6) months and a prize valued at more than $500, listener cannot win again for one (1) year.† Unless otherwise stated, multiple entries by the same person or by another person living at the same address will be discarded and be deemed by station management as a cause for disqualification.
4. All prizes and prize certificates may be picked up at the Qantum offices located at 154 Barnstable Road, Hyannis, MA. Prizes not picked up within thirty days of winning will be forfeited. The thirty day period includes weekends and holidays. Winner must bring proof of identification. Qantum business hours are Monday through Friday 9am - 5pm. If prizes are requested to be mailed, Qantum will not be responsible for replacing lost or stolen prizes.
5. Prizes are non-transferable.
6. During on-air contesting, in the event of a dropped call, telephone line or mobile phone malfunction or phone disconnection, the decision of management will be final.† The next caller in line will be taken and awarded the prize.
7. Qantum listeners who win prizes on the radio stations may not substitute prizes with another prize or cash. However, in the event of an unavailable prize won by the listener, Qantum may substitute the original prize with another prize for the approximate value (in dollars) of the original prize awarded.
8. In specific circumstances, listeners may also register to win prizes on the Qantum radio stations websites. Winners of the various contests are chosen randomly from all eligible entries. Qantum is not responsible for entries not received due to the difficulty accessing the internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches. All on-line entries must be filled out completely.
9. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. One internet entry per person.
10. Qantum, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person of tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Qantum websites or is otherwise in violation of the rules. It further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned including the infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any kind.
11. For contests that require qualification, listeners may qualify only once, unless otherwise specified.
12. Any contest winner that accepts a single prize or a combination of prizes that is of $600.00 value or more in a one year period will be required to sign a release prior to acceptance of said prize. If the prize includes travel provisions, whether or not such transportation is provided by Qantum, winners will be required to sign a liability release holding Qantum Communications of Cape Cod, parent company, Qantum Communications, affiliated companies and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or content.
13. All contestant entries become the property of Qantum. Qantum may retain any and all contest materials for any reason that the stations management deems crucial to the completion of the contest, or for any reasons relating to the publicity or advertising.
14. Contests conducted at facilities with an age requirement of 21 years of age or older, shall exclude participants who cannot prove they meet the age requirement.
15. Contestants winning a prize or combined prizes valued at over $600.00 or more in a calendar year will be subject to any and all federal, state and local taxes, as applicable. A 1099 will be issued by Qantum in this event.
16. By participating in any Qantum contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice or likeness used in any and all advertising or broadcasting materials relating to this contest, without additional compensation.
17. Qantum reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, which will become effective upon announcement by Qantum or via web posting.
18. No purchase necessary to enter a Qantum contest.† Contest void where prohibited.
19. Failure to comply with the Qantum contest rules may result in a contestant's disqualification.
20. In the case of a grand prize drawing from qualifying winners, Qantum will make every attempt to contact the randomly selected grand prize winner, unless otherwise specified in the contest rules, by phone to notify them of their prize. If the winner cannot be contacted in a timely manner (to be determined by management) another grand prize winner will be randomly selected. Duplicated prizes will not be awarded. †In the event that the winner of a Qantum radio contest cannot use or claim a prize, they may forfeit their prize. A substitute prize will not be provided.